Today I thought I would write a review of a product I recently bought from Amazon. Because of my fibromyalgia, recently diagnosed sleep apnea, and other chronic illnesses, I spend lots of time in bed but also have trouble sleeping and getting comfortable. If you’re in a similar situation, you may find this helpful.
I’ve had a memory foam pillow for a couple years, but it was hard and not in good shape. I got a hospital bed a couple months ago that adjusts. I can lift my head and feet up. I usually lift my feet all the way up, which helps with the frequent swelling I deal with, and elevate my head a little bit, which helps me breathe a little more easily. This position also seems to help with pain in my hips. At one time, I couldn’t sleep on my back like this, and I still sometimes have to curl up on my side, but ever since a few hospital stays where I was forced to sleep that way, I’ve gotten used to it. I sleep with one pillow under my head now, as two lifts my head into an uncomfortable position unless they’re really flat. I couldn’t find a comfortable pillow from what we already had, so I thought maybe it was time to buy a new one.
Buying a pillow online was surprisingly hard. Not being able to feel it or see the picture makes choosing the right one hard. First, if you’re looking for a pillow, I wouldn’t recommend any from the My Pillow brand. The ratings are bad, and I know someone who had ome and said it wasn’t comfortable at all. Also, if you want a good pillow, you’ll probably need to spend at least $80 on it. Some are closer to $150. I had no idea they could be so expensive,. This surprised both me and my mom.
The pillow I finally chose is the Snuggle-Pedic Supreme Plush Ultra-Luxury Hypoallergenic Bamboo Shredded Gel-Infused Memory Foam Pillow Combination with Adjustable Fit & Zipper Removable Kool-Flow Cooling Pillow Cover (Queen) from Amazon. Click here to see the Amazon page for it. I got it on June 7, so I’ve had it for a little over a month. I absolutely love this pillow! Since it’s hypoallergenic, I don’t have to worry about my sensitive skin getting irritated or my year-round allergies getting worse. The description of this pillow is below. I’ll talk more about it after the description.
- Extra Plush Gel-Infused Shredded Style Combination Memory Foam Pillow That NEVER GOES FLAT! Our Kool-Flow Soft and Luxurious, Extra Breathable Micro-Vented Cover Made In The U.S.A. with 43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 percent Polyester, .6 Percent Lycra KEEPS YOU COOL ALL NIGHT LONG! Fully Machine Washable.
- MADE IN USA CERTIFIED Bed Manufacturer Using Eco-Friendly Biogreen & Certipur-US Certified Foam. NOTE: PLEASE CHECK “SOLD BY” SELLER NAME, ONLY SNUGGLE-PEDIC PRODUCTS SOLD BY RELIEF-MART, INC. ARE GUARANTEED GENUINE AND WILL BE BACKED BY OUR LEADING 20-YEAR WARRANTY, 120-NIGHT SLEEP TRIAL, AND FREE PERSONAL CUSTOMIZATION IF UNSATISFIED!
- Zipper Removable Outer Cover To Allow For Easy Adjustment of Thickness and Comfort. Conforming Shape Orthopedically Supports the Neck For Side, Stomach, & Back Sleepers.
- Hypoallergenic & Dust Mite Resistant. Rolled & Vacuum Sealed For Eco-Friendly Shipping. We use a combination of Biogreen and CertiPUR-US Certified foam tested and shown to be MADE WITHOUT ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and Low in VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million).
- 120-Night, No Hassle REFUND GUARANTEE, FREE CUSTOMIZATIONS and FREE RETURN SHIPPING WHEN YOU CONTACT RELIEF-MART DIRECTLY. INDUSTRY LEADING 20-Year Warranty!
When you get the pillow, it comes with a bag of stuffing. You’ll need to put at least a little bit into the pillow, which opens with a zipper, because it comes rolled up, so there’s very little in it. I put all the stuffing in mine, making it nice and plump but not hard or too firm. The pillow has two zippers you’ll need to open to fill it with the stuffing. There’s an outer case and then a smaller inner one. This is the part that holds the stuffing. I wasn’t sure how much stuffing I wanted to fill mine with at first, so I opened it, put some inside, closed it, shook it to make sure it was free of lumps, and then felt the thickness of it and tested it by laying my head on it to see how it felt. I repeated this until I decided that I wanted to put all the stuffing in it. When you do this, you’ll want to make sure before you close the inner zipper that there is no stuffing near it, as this can get in the way and get caught in the zipper, making it hard to open and possibly breaking it if too much stuffing gets caught. Once this was done, I put the pillow into a pillowcase, and it was set up.
I absolutely love this pillow! It’s very soft and stays cool throughout the night, which is important when you’re heat-sensitive like me. It also never gets flat or lumpy, which is really nice. Because it’s made with shredded foam, it molds to your head when you lay down on it but goes back to normal after use. There’s also no chemical smell like you get with some foam pillows. If you’re looking for a good pillow, I highly recommend this one. You can get it from Amazon for $99.99. I’m not sure why, but the price has gone up since I bought it for $79.99, but in my opinion, it’s well worth the money. Again, you can check it out on its Amazon page. As a bonus, once you buy it, you may get a message from the seller, Relief-Mart, offering free customization and maybe a free organic cotton pillowcase. I almost bought one of their pillowcases for mine, but that would have cost another $30 or so, and I was already spending a lot on the pillow, so I was very pleasantly surprised when they offered to send me one for free.
I hope you find this post helpful, particularly if you deal with health problems like I do. I’m not making any money from this review or the links in the post. They’re just direct links to the Amazon page for the pillow, which I bought for the full price at the time of the purchase. If you have any questions about the pillow or anything I’ve shared, please feel free to contact me or the Amazon seller.