So far, I only have a few rules that apply to all groups:
- After you join a group, your first post must be an introduction. If you join all available groups, you need to post introductions in all of them. This is so members who are not in all groups can see it. Ideas for what to post include your name, what disabilities you have, how you heard about the groups, your experiences living with multiple disabilities, and anything else about yourself that you want to share.
- Blog posts are free to be shared, but never share a group post or comment without asking the owner for permission.
- Be kind to others. The groups are meant to be safe places for people with multiple disabilities to meet and get support.
- Don’t spam the groups with unrelated or unhelpful posts or links. If it relates to life with multiple disabilities or you think it could help others with multiple disabilities, you can share it.
- Never block the group owner, admins, or moderators. This will get you kicked from the group.
- If you have a problem with another group member, contact them privately first. If you still can’t solve the problem, contact me and any other admins or moderators.
How You Can Help
If you want to help in some way, contact me via the form on the “Contact Lanie Molinar” page or my Facebook page, shown in the footer. I welcome offers of guest posts, group platform suggestions, helpful resources or products, and offers to help run the groups or otherwise get this organization up and running. If you want to share something else I haven’t thought of, you can do that too. Shares of this blog, the Facebook page, or the groups are appreciated.